Mondays – Fridays starting March 30th
1:00 – 2:00 PM by Zoom Session
We all have a story. In these times, many of us are experiencing unprecedented changes in our respective lives that have rewritten our days, how we interact, and how we support one another.
In light of the COVID-19 crisis and our mission to support students, the Innovation Hub, on behalf of the Division of Student Life, is launching Stories from a Distance: Being Together While Apart. This is a virtual space University of Toronto students and alumni can join to connect with one another, share our stories, and take part in activities that are supportive. Learn more about how our team feels about this project here!
What Does this Look Like?
Every day throughout the week, we’ll be having one hour Zoom sessions (see details below) where we will share our stories of life as a student during these challenging times. Connect with friendly faces, share your stories, be supported and have a bit of fun each day through the power of storytelling!
Join our community! All you have to do is:
- Download the Zoom Communications app on your desktop, tablet or phone. This is free and can be accessed via phone if you have limited access to online apps: https://zoom.us/signin
- Join an online session, which will be happening every Monday through Friday from 1:00pm – 2:00pm by clicking the following link: Stories from a Distance Zoom Sessions – password is 608182
- Students, recent graduates and alumni are welcome to join our Facebook community for resources, updates and more: https://www.facebook.com/groups/storiesfromadistance/
- Subscribe to our blog for ongoing updates in our community
We hope to see you there!
- This program is drop-in with no registration required
- Participate as much or as little as you wish – there’s no strict rules here
- This is a positive and supportive environment where you can just be you
- While our focus is on storytelling and connecting with one another, we will also share resources for additional UofT programming that is currently available based on your needs
- We will be providing ongoing resources provided by our partners – join our zoom sessions to learn more
- After joining in a session, you’ll learn about our Facebook community where you can share and receive support in a positive environment 24/7