The Innovation Hub is pleased to announce that we are hosting an Ideas Workshop on June 5th and 9th for students, faculty and staff to:
- Take our prototype ideas and explore how they might come to life at U of T, what challenges we might encounter, how we might measure impact and what practical next steps need to be taken to move these ideas forward.
- Help us start to think about prospective project teams for each of these ideas.
We invite students, faculty and staff from the U of T community to join us as we expand our thinking about these ideas in a fun and collaborative setting. Each participant will choose one of the ideas (listed below) to workshop.
- Chill Spots: Use spaces that students already frequent to set up community spaces that could include charging stations, couches and microwaves, and be facilitated by community animators.
- U of T Concierge: Establish a central location on campus that acts as an initial contact point for wayfinding and referrals. The concierge would also have an online component, connecting students to a 24-hour response tool.
- Student-Faculty Exploration Café: repurpose an existing central space on campus to act as a hub of activities that support faculty and TA engagement with students.
- Neighbourhood Communities: virtual communities to connect students who live in the same geographic area, which may include programming such as social events and study groups.
- Future Readiness Course: a course, customizable by discipline, that incorporates career education and skills development, placement opportunities, and partnerships with U of T alumni for mentorship and career learning.
- Knowledge Management System: Information about programs, services and resources for students at U of T is found everywhere. Students could be better supported by a system that brings all of this information together in an accessible and easy-to-navigate way.
Workshops will take place on the following dates:
Monday, June 5, 1 – 3 p.m. at Centre for International Experience, Cumberland Room
Friday, June 9, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. at Student Success Centre, Koffler Student Services Building
Register now to attend one of the Innovation Hub Ideas Workshops.
We look forward to seeing you there!