Are you looking for an exciting work-study opportunity this summer? Tech2U is employing 40 students to provide U of T instructors with personalized tech support!
The Tech2U Student Classroom Ambassador is part of a dynamic team comprised of students and technical co-pilots, who are supported by a leadership team, to service U of T instructors throughout the academic term. Student Classroom Ambassadors receive on-the-job training by highly skilled Technical Co-pilots, and mentored by the leadership team, to provide them with a positive and rewarding work-integrated learning experience.
Job duties Include:
- Provide hands-on direct technical support and orientation to the classroom instructor during class time (either in-person or virtual)
- Work with instructors to provide technical support for classroom technology
- Connect with the Technical Co-pilot to solve any challenges or operational concerns that emerge in the classroom
- Work with the broader Student Classroom Ambassador team to brainstorm solutions to common technical issues that may arise over the course of their shift
- Attend weekly meetings to mitigate technical knowledge gaps and develop effective interpersonal skills
- Connect with program supervisor for 1:1 coaching as needed and identified
- Report to weekly shifts in a timely manner and identify tasks to be accomplished for each shift
- Experience working in fast-paced creative environments
- Strong teamwork, communication and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to work in teams & integrate diverse perspectives
- Ability to self-organize and manage tight and often competing deadlines
- Reliability and accountability
- Desire to enhance the student and instructor experience at UofT
- Experience working in educational settings, or experience working with audio-visual technology is considered an asset
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to email@example.com. We look forward to reviewing your application! The deadline to apply is May 1st at 11:59pm.