Who’s out? We’re out! School’s out!
I must admit, I was trying to go for the “I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!” thing, but I guess that didn’t work out too well.
That’s okay though, because the sentiment is there. Congratulations, U of T! We have completed yet another year of school. How did it go? Did anything amazing and mind-blowing happen to you? I think it’s good to just take the time to look back, and just think about the most interesting things you’ve done in the past year.
For example, this last year I:
- Built a tent inside the Great Hall of Hart House.
- Met a lot of people through twitter and social media, and learned the power of the Internet.
- Tried to pull an all-nighter at Robarts but chickened out at the last minute. I love you guys and all, but you’re all nuts during exam season.
- Successfully pulled 5 consecutive all-nighters (at home) and handed in one of the best papers I’ve ever written.
- Was president of a campus group, which is not as easy as I had initially thought.
- Discovered an all-you-can-eat sushi place 10 minutes from campus.
- Finally got to blog about hot dogs. You have no idea how long I’ve been waiting for a chance to do that.
- Did my own op-ed coverage of the UTSU elections on blogUT (which is another amazing U of T blog, by the way!).
- Figured out (ish) what I want to do after undergrad.
I know a whole bunch of you are going to tell me all about the woes of summer school. Look, I’m going to be in summer school too. It’s just like U of T students to be downers when there’s a lot to be up-y about. How about we not be pessimistic and be happy about what we’ve done through a year?
So yeah. That’s my year. How about yours?