Everything is getting on my nerves.* Everything. I thought I’d share a few of those things, in no particular order:
- The mess of finals that live at the end of November/beginning of December.
- Three 10-page essays and three exams in the span of one week. No, I do not want to hear about how much harder Engineering is than Arts & Science.
- Long waits for the TTC…during rush hour…in the rain.
- That $1,500/month, bachelor apartment with 1/4 of a bathroom near school doesn’t sound all that outrageous right now.
- Apple’s insistence on putting out a new version of iTunes every other day.
- What was wrong with the version you put out last week, Mr. Apple? Oh, the background wasn’t light grey enough?
- Long-distance calls to Kenya…at 5:00 AM.
- Mom, please stop screaming. They can hear you just fine.
- The week after Halloween: All the good ones are gone.
- Let me just treat myself to an – *digs through bag of leftover candy, searching desperately for chocolate* – eyeball shaped ring pop.
*I know, I know. No better example of #FirstWorldProblems. We all have our days though, right? When we’d give everything to roll up in a ball on a chair at Robarts for a precious half-hour nap? It can’t just be me. Midterms and finals turn me into an ungrateful, whiny, cranky monster – if you’re anything like me in that regard (I can’t imagine any student who isn’t), here’s a countdown for you. In about 40 days, we’ll be home free…until next year.
Keep on smiling, U of T!
(If you’d rather frown and be grumpy like me, let me know what’s getting on your nerves right at this very second).