Looking for something to do on Family Day? There are many events happening across the Greater Toronto Area. Here are just a few of them:
- Family Day celebrations at Celebration Square in Mississauga. Multi-day event, free dino-themed activities & food trucks!
- Family Day Skate Party at the Bentway. Not just skating! Enjoy an interactive scavenger hunt by artist Rosena Fung and a coding workshop.
- Family Day at the Art Gallery of Ontario. Check out the Read Along, Dance Along with Valene Campbell, which will include a reading from Grandma’s Memory Box, a story designed to help children understand dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.You Look Beautiful Like That, a Pop-Up Photo Studio with Roya DelSol and Bidemi Oloyed, is a two-day event presented in collaboration with the Black Daddies Club (BDC) in support of Black and racialized families.
- Some of the best trails and parks are just around the corner. Explore some of the most popular hiking trails around Toronto, and with the weather reaching up to 5°C on Monday, it is an excellent way to get some fresh air with the family.
- The YMCA is waiving its fees for the upcoming family day week! Enjoy some free games, fitness, movie nights and other fun activities with the family at any location around the GTA!
- Both the Aga Khan Museum and the ROM are hosting exhibitions this weekend that encourage education through art and history. According to the ROM: “We invite visitors to collaborate, ideate, and innovate with exciting design-focused activities that will help educate on the ways we can reduce our impact on urban wildlife. Come in from the cold and enjoy our exhibitions and enhanced weekend activities all weekend long!”