This Fall-Winter term, we have a wide scope of exciting projects and opportunities available to students at the University of Toronto! These positions are available through the Work Study Program, which runs from September 2021 to February 2022. We’re excited to continue empowering students, grow existing partnerships, and build relationships with new partners in our work.
The deadline to apply to positions is Sunday, August 22nd by 11:59pm. Job postings are now live on CLNx.
Continue reading for job descriptions to learn what working at the Innovation Hub means to our students and more! To learn more about the positions and how to apply, please visit the Career & Co-Curricular Learning Network, Log into CLNx (under ‘Students & Recent Grads), and search for the Work Study job board.
Apply to only one position – applicants will be considered for all available Innovation Hub positions
- Start-End Date of Positions: September 6th – February 18th . Average of 8-10 hours/week to a total of 200 hours
- Pay is $15/hour
- Want to learn more about our work and design thinking? Check out of our recording for our most recent event – ‘Working at the Innovation Hub’: https://youtu.be/fhhgD1YhLqU
- Additional information available here: https://future.utoronto.ca/finances/financial-aid/work-study-program/
To learn more about any of the positions below – please search the CLNx Job ID provided for each in the Work Study job board.
Innovation Hub Data Coding Lead – CLNx Job ID: 184099
The Data Coding Team Lead oversees data entry and qualitative coding for all Innovation Hub projects. Working with teams of Data Analysis Research Assistants who are embedded within individual design research projects, they support the transcription, de-identification, and anonymization of data coding in a qualitative research software program, and assist in the data analysis process. They also support the management of the existing Innovation Hub database, ensuring that new data is coded appropriately and making existing data available to team members on request.
Innovation Hub Digital Storyteller – CLNx Job ID: 184145
Digital Storytellers work as a team under the direction of the Communications Specialist. Digital Storytellers bring to life content produced within project teams with visual imagery, models and infographics. This role involves creating professional reports and presentations of design research data, blog posts, website content, and more. Each Digital Storyteller may have different strengths or areas of expertise in content design. The role may also entail special projects, such as a website design and development, or developing creative materials outside of the scope of design research projects.
Innovation Hub Content Writer – CLNx Job ID: 184559
The Innovation Hub Content Writer generates written and digital content for the Innovation Hub’s blog, website, and promotional materials. This role is highly strategic and involves planning for the Innovation Hub’s digital content, ensuring that content is engaging and conveyed to our communities in an accessible manner.
Innovation Hub Writer & Editor – CLNx Job ID: 184570
The Innovation Hub Writer & Editor oversees all of the written content produced for the Innovation Hub’s design research projects. This role is highly strategic and involves planning for the Innovation Hub’s written content to ensure all research articulated within projects is consistent, clear, and accessible. The writer oversees all writing content produced within project teams such as recruitment materials, reports, research materials, presentations and final deliverables to stakeholders.
Innovation Hub Project: Redefining Traditional: Making Higher Education Family-Friendly – CLNx Job ID: 184594
The Redefining Traditional: Making Higher Education Family-Friendly initiative is an online community designed to bring together student parents and their partners, researchers as well as university administrators and policymakers for the purpose of support and advocacy. This work involves developing blog materials, resources, updating our website, posting in our virtual community, and fostering community engagement and growth. Student parents and/or those actively engaged in student parent communities are encouraged to apply. To learn more visit uoft.me/redefiningtraditional
Innovation Hub Design Research Assistants
Various Opportunities – See Below
Design Research Assistants work in a team that conducts a design thinking project for the Innovation Hub with the ultimate goal of improving the student experience in a specific area. The team uses an ethnographic and empathy-based approach to oversee data collection and analysis, writes reports to present the insights uncovered in the data, makes recommendations, and prototypes potential solutions. There are also opportunities to apply to roles that focus on co-design projects with our partners. Please review each role carefully. For more information about each project, visit the CLNx Job Board.
- Design Researcher: CLNx Job ID 184605
- Design Researcher – Transforming the Instructional Landscape: CLNx Job ID 184612
- Design Researcher – Classroom Accommodations & Accessibility Co-Design: CLNx Job ID 184720
- Design Researcher – Mental Health Stepped Care 2.0 Co-Design Project: CLNx Job ID 184724
- Design Researcher – Faculty of Dentistry Project: CLNx Job ID 184733
- Design Researcher – Campus Safety Services Alternative Models of Response in Student Mental Health Crises Project: CLNx Job ID 184744
- Design Researcher – Community Consultation Initiative: CLNx Job ID 184812
- Design Research Assistant – Trans and Nonbinary Student Experiences: CLNx Job ID 184752
- The University of Toronto Quality Assurance Process (UTQAP) projects are supporting university departments in the student consultation for reviews of their academic programs. The teams will work in partnership with specific departments and support their student consultation. These departments are:
- Data Analyst – University of Toronto Quality Assurance Process Projects: CLNx Job ID 184806
- Christianity & Culture (SMC); Christianity in Education Minor Program (SMC) & Religious Education (SMC): CLNx Job ID 184760
- Commerce: CLNx Job ID 184770
- Centre for Comparative Literature (Grad); Literature & Critical Theory (Victoria College): CLNx Job ID 184771
- Jewish Studies: CLNx Job ID 184779
- Department Slavic Languages and Literatures & Estonian Studies Minor: CLNx Job ID 184794
- Urban Studies (Innis College): CLNx Job ID 184798
- Writing & Rhetoric Minor Program (Innis College): CLNx Job ID 184803
Tech2U Student Classroom Ambassador: CLNx Job ID 184110
Tech2U is a new initiative run by Learning Space Management (LSM) and the Innovation Hub that seeks to support instructors and students as they continue to engage with the increasingly technological nature of classroom experience. Tech2U is a network of Student Classroom Ambassadors, Technical Co-pilots, and UofT instructors. Working together, the Student Classroom Ambassadors and Technical Co-pilots support instructors by providing embedded technical assistance in classrooms either online, in-person, or some combination of the two.
The Tech2U Student Classroom Ambassador is part of a team of students that is led by a Technical Co-pilot and paired individually with an instructor who they will support one-on-one throughout the semester. Student Classroom Ambassadors will be fully trained by a highly skilled Technical Co-pilot and supported throughout the term by a Leadership team to ensure that they are well-equipped to support instructors and have a positive and rewarding work-integrated learning experience.
To learn more about this opportunity, please visit the CLNx Job board.
Please note that pending government guidelines and procedures at UofT, we plan for our work to be in-person at St. George campus. Additional details will be provided to candidates considered for the role. We look forward to reviewing all applications, and appreciate the time and consideration applicants have put into their submissions! For any questions regarding these postings, please refer to the job postings on CLNx for more detailed information.
The deadline for applying to positions is Sunday, August 22nd 2021 at 11:59pm.
Postings may be found by:
- Logging into CLNx with your UTORID: https://clnx.utoronto.ca/myAccount/dashboard.htm
- Go to ‘Jobs and Recruitment’
- Go to ‘Work Study’
- Click ‘Work Study Jobs’
- Search the Job Title and/or CLNx number provided
Please review all postings carefully. If you are having difficulty finding a posting or have a question, please email us at email@example.com before August 20th to ensure we can respond to your inquiry in time.
0 comments on “The Innovation Hub Is Hiring For The Fall/Winter 2021-2022 Study Term!”