Like Rihanna, I also work (work, work, work, work).
I find a simple pleasure in putting in my time, effort and creativity into a job and in turn seeing real results. You can take a wild guess at what those results are, but I will save you the time and confirm that they come on a bi-weekly basis into my bank account.
I have had many jobs over my years of working. Some of which include:
- “Expert” pizza-maker extraordinaire
- Marketing Assistant/person who designs a plethora of advertising
- Bakery “Counter-person” (who also does all the other bakery jobs)
- Barista who makes the best cappuccinos @ about 4 different cafes
- Server (who, to be honest, really hated serving)
- Front Desk Porter, A.K.A that person in residence who talks to you enough to know your entire class schedule but still has to ask to see your keycard upon entering the building
This year I have managed to hold down two part-time jobs while also being a full time student. Both of my jobs are on campus, and are positions that are directly affiliated with the university. One of them, (surprise, surprise) is to write entertaining and relevant material for the Life at U of T student blog. The other, is a relatively new job which involves doing admissions for a residence on campus.