My current summer job is working overnight concierge/security shifts at a quiet North York condo building, and I must say that I could not imagine a part-time job that compliments my life as a student any better than this does.…
In my first year at U of T, I lived in residence at Victoria College. Being so close to fast food places on Yonge, the dazzling shops on Bloor street west and star-studded restaurants in Yorkville my wallet was emptier…
A trap I often fall into this time of year is thinking that I’ll have some more time to study during the exam period because I’m relieved of my lecture-attending duties. What actually ends up happening is that I waste more…
Like Rihanna, I also work (work, work, work, work).
I find a simple pleasure in putting in my time, effort and creativity into a job and in turn seeing real results. You can take a wild guess at what those results are, but I will save you the time and confirm that they come on a bi-weekly basis into my bank account.
I have had many jobs over my years of working. Some of which include:
- “Expert” pizza-maker extraordinaire
- Marketing Assistant/person who designs a plethora of advertising
- Bakery “Counter-person” (who also does all the other bakery jobs)
- Barista who makes the best cappuccinos @ about 4 different cafes
- Server (who, to be honest, really hated serving)
- Front Desk Porter, A.K.A that person in residence who talks to you enough to know your entire class schedule but still has to ask to see your keycard upon entering the building
This year I have managed to hold down two part-time jobs while also being a full time student. Both of my jobs are on campus, and are positions that are directly affiliated with the university. One of them, (surprise, surprise) is to write entertaining and relevant material for the Life at U of T student blog. The other, is a relatively new job which involves doing admissions for a residence on campus.
Last Saturday I went to Hart House to work on a cover letter. A haven for the studious and the sleepy. When I discovered Hart House library in the second week of first year, I knew I was home. (#startUofT…