Do you ever have an awkward amount of time to kill between classes and all you want to do is sit, relax or study in peace? I certainly do! U of T is an enormous place. In the beginning I didn’t know where to go and was constantly lost. The fact there are always so many people on campus didn’t help.
I finally have some “go-to” places on campus where I feel comfortable and can take a breath.
- This is a welcoming spot to work on a group assignment with your peers. You are allowed to talk unlike many other U of T libraries. It’s also a great place to meet some friends for lunch as they have a wide variety of food to choose from.
Green Beet Cafe
- The Green Beet café has many delicious options: I often enjoy my lunch here, especially when I can find a table by their comfortable couch. When there are not many people here, I also like to finish some readings while sipping on a hot drink.
Knox College library:
- I love this library because I love the warmth of the space; it feels like you are studying in Hogwarts! I love the high wooden ceiling, the wooden desks, and the chandeliers above. It’s very quiet, and location-wise, very convenient. It’s a great spot to focus on your work.
Athletic Centre café
- This café is also not too crowded and has more great options for food. This cafe is ideal if you want to relax after a workout at the AC gym, or during your break from studying at Robarts. Bonus: they usually have a cool soundtrack in the background.
- This is my go-to spot during an awkward 1 hour break before a class on St. George Street. I love their pastries: delicious and at student prices! Similarly, they have some great soundtracks playing in the background, which motivates me when I work on my laptop (when there is space).
- Have a mile-long checklist of to-do’s? Check off your list at Woodsworth. The high ceilings and their very own Second Cup make spending time here a no-brainer. If you come here Wednesday mornings, WCSA also provides you with pancakes.