Mental Wellness Month: I NEED HELP!

If you are currently experiencing a crisis, please do not hesitate to reach out! The staff at U of T can support you and help you access the resources you may need. Here are some resources to keep in mind: Contact your Registrar Your registrar will be your main point of contact: they can help you with academic advising, personal counselling, and financial counselling. If you have any academic, personal, or financial emergencies, get in touch with your Registrar right away! Students in the Faculty of Arts & Science should contact their college registrar's office while professional faculty students should meet with their faculty registrar's office. Graduate students can get help from their graduate faculty registrar or the School of Graduate Studies. Seek counselling Counselling and Psychological Services (CAPS) also offers individual psychotherapy, assault counselling, pharmacotherapy, consultation, and workshops. Students can self-refer by calling 416-978-8070 or by coming in-person to the CAPS office on the main floor of the Koffler Student Service Centre. If you're experiencing a mental health crisis, the Gerstein Centre offers crisis intervention for adults living in the City of Toronto: this includes telephone support, community visits, and short-stay residence, free of charge. Call the Crisis Line, 24 hours, 7 days a week: 416-929-5200. The stresses of university life are unique, so also consider calling Good2Talk at 1-866-925-5454. Good2Talk is a free, confidential and anonymous helpline that specifically serves post-secondary students in Ontario. You can call about anything, big or small, from anxiety about burning-out to loneliness or friends. The helpline offers professional counselling and information and referrals for mental health, addictions, and well-being 24/7, throughout the year. The Government of Ontario's Mental Health Helpline (1-866-531-2600) is another resource for students that put them in touch with an Information and Referral Specialist by call, email, or online chat 24/7. It's free, confidential, and anonymous. Seek grief support on campus If you are dealing with grief, know that you are not alone. There are a number of service son campus, including counselling, spiritual care, and academic advising, that can provide helpful support. You can find more information about accessing these services and contact persons here. 

0 comments on “Mental Wellness Month: I NEED HELP!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *