The winter break is the best time to curl up on the couch with a hot cup of tea and a good book. Whether you’re starting a new book or diving back into an old favourite, reading is a great way to unwind and clear your mind. Not sure what to read? No problem – we have tons of great reads for everyone…
- Are you struggling to juggle your work and family life? Are you feeling overwhelmed and can’t seem to find any time for yourself? Come pick out one of our many titles on work-life balance. Our books provide advice on how to balance your responsibilities without giving up leisurely activities. Begin the New Year with a new plan, one that includes more of that precious and well deserved “me” time.
- Are you looking for fun activities to keep your toddler engaged over the winter break? Whether you and your little one enjoy rhyming, singing, crafting, or dancing, our library has books that can help make playtime magical again!
- Are you expecting a child? We have books for that! Our library offers books on infant care, infant sleep, breastfeeding, health, and much more!
- Are you a new Dad? Confused about how to change a diaper the right way? Not sure how you should bond with your new baby? Well, you’re in luck. Our library has numerous Daddy survival guides to help ease your transition into fatherhood.
- Are you a parent hoping to reconnect with your child? Our parenting section has titles that can help you learn how to be more present in your child’s life so that you and your child can build a stronger, more fulfilling relationship.
Here’s a list of some of our most popular and recommended reads! Also, be sure to check out our new titles on Aboriginal Life & Culture! Learn the truth about residential schools and the Native American community.
- Jack Newman’s Guide to Breastfeeding by Jack Newman and Teresa Pitman
- The Happiest Baby Guide to Great Sleep by Harvey Karp
- The New Dad’s Survival Guide by Rob Kemp
- Overwhelmed: Work, Love, and Play When No One Has the Time by Brigid Schulte
- Child’s Play by Maja Pitamic and Claire McCarthy
- The 5 Love Languages of Children by Gary Chapman and Ross Campbell
- Parenting with Presence by Susan Stiffelman
- Speaking My Truth edited by Shelagh Rogers, Mike DeGagne, Jonathan Dewar, and Glen Lowry
We hope that you’ll feel inspired to pick up a good book from our library.
Happy Reading Everyone!
Written by FCO Library Communications Coordinator, Alicja Adamczyk.