Being a new parent is tough, but you don’t have to go through it alone. Toronto is home to a number of parents groups for moms, dads and guardians to socialize, get support, learn, de-stress and share a laugh.
- City of Toronto – Parenting Groups. Toronto Public Health offers FREE parent groups for families living in the city ! The sessions are led by Public Health Nurses and provide an opportunity to access information and support and learn from other parents. Some programs are offered in different languages and in various locations. Call 416-338-7600 to find out which program is right for you.
- MumNet – With locations all over Toronto, MumNet offers programming for women with small children (MumNet), and women with older children (MumVet). Childcare is provided, and weekly sessions include a group exercise session, followed by a discussion period. Registration for the Spring term is now open! Visit the website for more information, including program costs.
- Mommy Connections – With classes and programs in both East and West and midtown Toronto, Mommy Connections provide a unique learning opportunity as well as a fun way to bond with your child and other moms in a social environment. Check out the website in your region for a list of upcoming classes and events and program costs.
- Dads Time at LAMP Community Health Centre is a group where dads can hang out with their kids, and with other guys raising kids. It’s offered on the 2nd & 4th Tuesdays of each month from 5:30—7:30 pm. Crafts, toys, books, games and snacks are provided!
- Gay Fathers of Toronto (GFT) is a peer support group run by and for gay men who are fathers. Support group meetings occur two times every month at The 519 Community Centre on 2nd and 4th Thursdays (8:00 to 9:45 pm). No registration is required!
- Toronto Parents of Multiple Births Association (TPOMBA) offer a network of peer support to families dealing with the unique challenges and joys of raising multiples in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). They host monthly meetings where parents of multiples get together in a number of Toronto neighbourhoods!
- Finally, you can check out Meetup.com for tons of Parents & Family Meetups across the GTA.