Ah, November. The leaves have changed and winter is just around the corner. This month can be a bit dreary with midterms, papers, cold weather… the list goes on and on. What you need is something awesome to look forward to and I have just the thing, the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair!
The Royal Agricultural Winter Fair, or the Royal as it is fondly known, has been an annual attraction for over 90 years in Toronto. I remember visiting the Royal as a child with my elementary school, Avondale Alternative. We would meet friendly animals, watch the dog show and gaze in awe at the incredible butter sculptures. Today, the Royal continues to be a popular destination for adults, children and families alike
This year, the Royal will run from November 6-15, 2015. It is open every day from 9:00am until 9:00pm at is held at Exhibition Place, Toronto. You can purchase a family pass (2 adults and 2 children) in advanced for $50.00 or individual adult tickets for $20.00 and child tickets for $14.50 (advanced purchase only). Children 3 and under can visit for free and discounted tickets are available for visits later in the day. Find out more about tickets here.
If you’ve never visited the Royal before, here are a few can’t-miss attractions.
- Visitors young and old can experience farm animals up close and personal at the petting farm. There are over 60 animals, from goats to donkeys, waiting to say hello.
- The Superdogs show at the President’s Choice Animal Theatre is sure to keep you entertained. Your family will love the impressive canines who are ready to show off!
- While you’re at the President’s Choice Animal Theatre, why not check out the Rabbit Jumping contest! Yup… I said rabbit jumping. What can be better than that??
- The aMAZEing Food Journey is a hands on, interactive, and educational exhibit for the whole family that takes you on the journey of food from farm to table.
- Visit the Sheridan Nurseries Winter Gallery for the Royal Christmas Tree Competition! These spectacular trees and arrangements are sure will have you in awe.
- Finally, don’t miss the impressive butter sculptures. They are always a hit at the fair, you simply won’t believe it’s butter!
Wondering about directions to the Royal? Why not take public transit. Several TTC Streetcar and bus routes will drop you off right outside the doors. Visit the Royal’s website to plan your trip!
I hope you will considering visiting the Royal this year. It’s an exciting, educational and completely unique experience that will surely keep the family entertained. So check it out and who knows, maybe I’ll see you there!