I know, I know, I know… it’s only October and we are JUST getting into the swing of things here at UofT. But, it’s already time to start thinking about schools for your children, especially if you’re considering French language programs!
The Toronto District School Board offers three main French education programs for students:
- Early French Immersion (EFI) which begins in Senior Kindergarten;
- Junior Extended French (JEF) which begins in Grade 4
- Middle Immersion which begins in Grade 4 (available in a limited number of schools)
You can learn more about each of these programs and find out more about the online application process at the TDSB website.
If you are considering enrolling your child in a French as a second language program, there are some important upcoming timelines that you should be aware of.
- Applications for Early French Immersion (for a Junior Kindergarten aged child), must be completed online between November 3rd 2014 and December 5th 2014.
- Applications for Junior Extended French or Middle French Immersion (for a child currently in Grade 3), must be completed online between January 5th 2015 and January 29th 2015.
Be sure to visit the TSDB website to find your local schools and find out how you can attend an information session for parents.