The Thanksgiving long weekend is fast approaching. Need some ideas for keeping your family busy over the holiday? Look no further. Here is a list of some exciting and fun activities to keep you busy this Thanksgiving.
- Visit the Harbourfront Centre in the heart of Downtown Toronto for the FREE HarbourKIDS Fall 4 U Celebration! Activities include; live musical performances, lego construction zone, fantasy photo booth, and the Natrel Stroller Parade just to name a few.
- Enjoy a traditional Canadian thanksgiving dinner on Thursday Oct 9th at our very own Hart House or Oct 12-13th at Blackcreek Pioneer Village (Steeles and Jane). Both events are family friendly and I’m getting hungry just reading the menus! Visit the websites for more information and to purchase tickets.
- Experience the beautiful Ontario fall colours while picking your own apples. If you are able and willing to make the drive, apple picking can be a great way to spend time as a family enjoying nature while collecting healthy snacks for the rest of the week. Toronto.com put together a great list of apple picking farms in the GTA as well as some helpful tips for those who have never picked before.
- Attend the Woodbridge Fair (Hwy 7 and Hwy 400) or the Harvest Festival at Springridge Farm (Milton) for horse shows, live music, children’s entertainment and giant vegetable competitions! Both of these events are approximately an hour from the Downtown core, but it’s worth the drive.
- Participate in fall fun activities and say hello to your favorite animals at the Toronto Zoo! Psst. Did you know you can get to the zoo via public transit? Check it out!
This list gives you just a taste of some of the things you can do to keep busy this Thanksgiving long-week. Have any other ideas to share? Comment below!
Wishing you a relaxing and fun long weekend. Happy Thanksgiving!