The National College Health Assessment (NCHA) will launch at the University of Toronto on Thursday January 28, 2016 until Saturday February 13, 2016 (for undergraduate students) and Monday, March 21, 2016 until Saturday April 9, 2016 (for graduate students). We would be grateful for your help in encouraging all students who receive an invite to participate in this significant North America-wide survey.
The NCHA provides us with U of T and Canada-wide data on the health experiences, behaviours, and perceptions of our students and is instrumental in our work around supporting student health and wellness. It was last administered in 2013. For further information on the NCHA, please see http://www.acha-ncha.org/.
The NCHA results will be used as a significant part of our evaluation on progress around the Mental Health Framework (www.mentalhealth.utoronto.ca) and will be valuable for both the University of Toronto and its divisions in identifying and addressing the health and wellness need of our students.
You can help in the following ways:
- Post the attached poster (PDF) in areas visible to students (email me if you want me to send you a copy of it directly)
- Consider implementing some or all of the following actions to raise awareness amongst your faculty members, staff, and students to encourage students to participate in the survey.
- Announce the survey as an information item before and during the survey’s run at your meetings in February and March.
- Include the provided text in any communications (such as listservs and newsletters) that you distribute to students.
- Thank you for your assistance promoting the NCHA survey.